«January – March 2012 CONNEXXUS DID YOU KNOW INSIDE THIS ISSUE Connexxus is pleased to announce the addition of Cathay Pacific and Connexxus Did You ...»
CONNEXXUS TRAVEL NEWSLETTER
UC TRAVEL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
January – March 2012
CONNEXXUS DID YOU KNOW
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Connexxus is pleased to announce the addition of Cathay Pacific and
Connexxus Did You 1 Qantas airlines as part of our partnership with American Airlines. The joint
Know business will create a strategic partnership resulting in significant benefits for Connexxus travelers. Travelers can expect to benefit from better flight Airline Partners schedules, expanded codesharing, more coordinated services and greater access to wider variety of fares.
American Airlines 2 Cathay Pacific – is an international airline based in Hong Kong, offering JetBlue 2 services to more than 110 destinations around the world. The American
Singapore Airlines 2 Airlines discount program applies from the following origins to Hong Kong:
Los Angeles (LAX), 2x daily, 3 on M/Th/Sa Southwest 3 San Francisco (SFO), 2x daily New York (JFK), 4x daily Virgin America 4 Chicago (ORD), 1x daily Vancouver (YVR), 2x daily Car Rental Partners Toronto (YYZ), 2x daily Enterprise & National 4 Qantas – is the only carrier offering non-stop service from North America to Hertz 5 both Australia and New Zealand.
Double daily flights Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney Connexxus Program 5 Daily flights Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne Evaluation – Q3 2011 6 days a week Los Angeles (LAX) to Brisbane 3 days a week Honolulu to Sydney BCD Travel for 6 6 days a week Dallas (DFW) to Brisbane with continuing service to Connexxus Sydney (this flight will be going daily in July 2012) Travel Alert – 2012 7 In addition to the added benefits mentioned above, these airlines are Olympics members of the oneworld alliance which offers travelers more Connexxus Travel 8 opportunities to earn and redeem frequent flyer rewards. While each oneworld member airline offers its own independent frequent flyer Event program, you can earn miles/points, advance
AMERICAN AIRLINESAmerican Airlines, as a preferred Connexxus supplier, has informed us that our relationship with American is paramount, and they look forward to continuing it well into the future. Please be assured that our partnership will remain in full effect during the American Chapter 11 filing. On November 2011 American Airlines voluntarily filed for reorganization under Chapter 11, an action that was a necessary path for American to become a more efficient, financially stronger, and more competitive
airline. During the reorganization, American Airlines will continue to:
• Provide safe and reliable service.
• Fly normal schedules
• Honor reservations, tickets and make exchanges and refunds
• Fully maintain the AAdvantage frequent flyer program
• Remain an integral member of the oneworld alliance, of which American is a founding member, and continue their codeshare partnerships Further information can also be found at www.AA.com/restructuring.
JETBLUE IS A WINNER AT THE 2011 BEST IN BUSINESS TRAVEL AWARDS!JetBlue recently received a big honor at the 2011 Best in Business Travel Awards held in Los Angeles, CA on December 8th! The readers of Business Traveler Magazine were asked to select the victors from nominations in 54 categories. JetBlue has been named "Best Low Cost Airline in North America – Best in Business Travel." Our very own Connexxus Travel sales manager, Ms.
Stacy Burd, was on hand to accept the award at the reception dinner. The special thing about these awards is that they truly are the reader's choice.
SOUTHWEST (SWABIZ) Earn Double Points And Double Tier Qualifying Points On Select Cities!
Now through March 31, 2012, you can earn double points and double tier qualifying points each time you travel into or out of any Southwest Airlines’ nine California destinations, Denver and Atlanta.
To take advantage of this offer follow these steps:
1. Register for this promotion now through March 31, 2012.
2. Book a Southwest flight for yourself (through the SWABIZ link via Connexxus) now through March 31, 2012 for travel into or out of any Southwest Airlines’ California destination, Denver, or Atlanta.
3. Complete your California, Denver, or Atlanta travels by March 31, 2012.
This promotion is in addition to the additional Connexxus bonus points that travelers can earn per one way trip through the SWABIZ link via Connexxus.
Visit the Connexxus portal to make online reservations and for more information on the additional points earned (Partner Programs, Southwest).
Evolve: The New Southwest Interior Retrofit Enhances the Customer Experience Southwest introduced a new sleek cabin experience to enhance Customer comfort, improve fleet efficiency, and give back to the environment. Dubbed Evolve: The New Southwest Interior, the cabin update utilizes durable and environmentally responsible products to reduce waste and create weight savings onboard the aircraft, while enhancing comfort for Customers. The new interior design also increases the number of seats onboard from 137 to 143, without sacrificing Customer comfort and personal space.
• Modern Cabin Design: The new design incorporates natural, earthy tones combined with Southwest’s iconic Canyon blue and clean, aluminum accents for a more modern, fresh appeal. The redesign is inspired by Southwest’s past with a nod to the future.
• Lighter and More Comfortable Seat: The redesigned low-profile seat is more durable, made of eco-friendly products, is lighter, and more comfortable.
• Increased Under-Seat Space: The new design allows for more under-seat room for carryon luggage and approved pet carriers.
• Customer Living Space: Reducing the recline from three inches to two inches preserves onboard personal living space while still allowing for ample seat adjustment for Customer comfort.
• Seatback pockets: The new netted seatback pockets are streamlined to provide more knee room.
• Headrest: The fixed-wing headrest provides better neck and head alignment with side-to-side support for sleeping.
• Improved Ergonomics: The combination of the low-profile cushion and fixed wing headrest improves ergonomics by positioning Customers “down and back” into the seat, allowing for better lumbar support, armrest alignment, and increased personal living space.
Southwest will begin retro-fitting their Boeing 737-700 aircraft with the new interior this March, and expect to have that done by the end of next year (2013).
To learn more, enjoy this video overview of Evolve.
VIRGIN AMERICA – NEW FLIGHTS TO PHILADELPHIAVirgin America announces it will bring its low-fare, upscale service to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) later this year, with tickets on sale now for three daily nonstop flights from Los Angeles (LAX) starting April 4, 2012, and two daily nonstop flights from San Francisco (SFO) starting April 10, 2012.
In honor of its newest city, Virgin America is also launching a systemwide “The City of Brotherly Love: Just Got Lovelier” fare sale. Tickets are available for purchase now through the Connexxus agencies.
Connecting flights will also be available from PHL to Virgin America’s San Diego, Seattle and Las Vegas destinations.
Virgin America flies to San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., Seattle, Las Vegas, San Diego, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Dallas-Fort Worth, Los Cabos, Cancun, Chicago, Puerto Vallarta, Palm Springs and as of April 4th – Philadelphia.
CAR RENTAL PARTNERS
ENTERPRISE & NATIONAL CAR RENTALRent with Enterprise and National….Earn with Emerald Club – members may earn credits towards tiers and free days for rentals.
Now, Enterprise rentals will be incorporated into a members Emerald Club e-statement and weekly email.
Enroll in the frequent traveler program Emerald Club, if you are not already a member.
A fee-waived Emerald Club membership (a $50 value);
The ability to bypass the rental counter and choose your own car from the Emerald Club Aisle at most major airports in the United States and Canada;
Peace of mind with Arrival Alerts – with Arrival Alerts from National, you’ll receive notification within 1 hour of your rental that includes reservation number and National location, directions to car rental location from the airport terminal, services your location offers and confirmation of Aisle or non-Aisle locations;
Faster returns with eReceipts – with Drop & Go℠ service you can drop off the car and be on your way;
No second-driver fees – never pay extra when business associates do the driving;
Special offers – receive exclusive member-only discounts and offers.
More information is available under Partner Programs (Car).
[Back to top]
CONNEXXUS TRAVEL NEWSLETTER JANUARY – MARCH 2012
HERTZ CAR RENTALHertz Gold Plus Rewards – Bypass the counter, get free upgrades, earn higher levels of service, earn personal free day
certificates, bonus frequent flier miles and more. Earning points is faster and easier:
Free enrollment – new #1 Club Gold members are automatically enrolled in Gold Plus Rewards* 1 point per $1 spent (similar to popular credit card programs) Points can be converted to airline miles (FREE) Points can be used for FREE RENTALS on convertibles, luxury cars and more!
Earn and redeem internationally No Blackouts or expiration dates Earn a Free Day in less than 4 rentals, on average For more details go to: http://bit.ly/goldplusrewards *Make sure you log in your profile to check the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards box!
eReceipts – Express receipt sent via email when you sign up for Hertz eReceipts, you will automatically receive a PDF version of your receipt sent to the email on your Hertz Gold profile within 30 minutes of us closing your Rental Agreement. Just fill in the Express Return slip on the Rental Agreement and leave it with the keys on the dash of your car. It’s that simple!
Mobile Gold Alerts – Your Carfirmation™ is ready! Get Mobile Gold Alerts sent to your phone to let you know which car you’ll be driving and where it’s parked the minute it’s assigned. Don’t get slowed down, just head straight to your car, get in and go — fast and simple! Sign up by simply “opting-in” on your Gold Profile (Personal & Contact section) to confirm the email address and/or mobile phone. http://bit.ly/mobilegoldalerts Enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards More information is available in the Connexxus portal under Partner Programs (Car).
CONNEXXUS PROGRAM EVALUATIONIn the third quarter of 2011, Connexxus can identify annualized savings of $6.5 million across all UC locations.
The Connexxus Program aims to identify, procure, and manage an efficient, cost effective, and comprehensive travel program. The program features supplier contracts that contain industry -leading terms and conditions coupled with high utilization rates for sourceable commodities such as agencies, rental cars, hotels, and airfare. In addition, the program focuses on ease-of-use for the traveler, including a single travel portal and online booking tools.
BCD TRAVEL FOR CONNEXXUS
PROVIDED BY BCD TRAVELBCD Travel is excited to enter into a new year of participation in the Connexxus Program.
2011 was a year of growth with BCD Travel providing services to 34% more University of California travelers than in 2010. We appreciate the opportunity to provide travel services to University of California.
Savings Focus - Using unused non-refundable ticket credits.
BCD Travel’s systems, both online (Concur) and through our full service agents makes tracking and using your unused
ticket credits simple and easy. If your trip is cancelled:
• The system will automatically record the value of the unused airline ticket in your travel profile
• The credit is displayed to our agents and to you online (Concur) when your travel information is accessed.
The credit is automatically applied to the next trip that you book on the same airline.
Here are some tips and information about using non-refundable ticket credits:
• Ticket credits can be used for the same airline that the original ticket was issued for.
• Airline change fees generally start at $150 for domestic tickets and will vary depending on the original airline ticket rules.
• The airlines require that travel on the new itinerary must be completed by the expiration date of the ticket credit.
• If the original trip was booked for a guest, a slightly different process is used since guests do not have profiles.
If booking with agent – provide information from the original reservation – If booking online – enter the ticket credit information in the “comment to the agent” field, agents will locate – credit and manually attach value to the new reservation if applicable
• Some Connexxus Airline Partners allow unused ticket credits to be applied to a new traveler by providing a “name change waiver”.
– Airlines apply an additional waiver fee usually $100 plus the regular exchange fee – Minimal value of a credit for a domestic ticket would be $250 – Call full service agents for assistance with using ticket credits for an alternate traveler Please contact UCTravel@ucop.edu for more information.